Are you a top-performing student who’s passionate about user experience, loves cutting-edge technology, and can’t resist the challenge of making complex data understandable? Our UX internship provides the opportunity to have an immediate
impact on our advanced cybersecurity product.
Why should you do an internship at Sqrrl?
A leading cybersecurity startup, Sqrrl was founded in 2012 by creators of Apache Accumulo. With their roots in the U.S. Intelligence Community, Sqrrl’s founders have deep experience working at the intersection of advanced cybersecurity and Big Data problems.
Sqrrl’s award winning threat hunting platform helps security analysts proactively track and locate attackers in their network. Sqrrl brings together a variety of different technologies and cybersecurity approaches, including big data, link analysis, and machine learning, to revolutionize advanced threat detection.
As an individual contributor on the Sqrrl Product team, our UX intern works hand-in-hand with product management to understand customers and define solutions for the company’s flagship product. The work is fast-paced and challenging. You get real-world experience in one of the strongest growth industry sectors. You get to do real work on a real product for a real release, gaining valuable experience in an Agile start-up environment.
As a part of the Sqrrl team, our interns have a great work/life balance, flexible hours, as well as the opportunity to solve critical business problems. You will be mentored by a senior team member and experience working with other product delivery teams. We
offer employment after graduation. Our interns get the first step on a great career.
What will a UX intern be doing?
For 2017, we’re looking for a candidate to take ownership of a customer research-driven project. You’ll be responsible for recruiting suitable interview candidates, conducting interviews, and reporting actionable findings. Then, you’ll use those findings to define product features, and work on designing solutions based on the research.
Generally, as a Sqrrl UX intern you’ll have an opportunity to contribute in many ways.
- User research: design studies, conduct interviews, recruit participants, analyze results, present findings, incorporate into requirements and designs.
- Product management: participate in workshops, create and update user stories, craft visions, research competitors, create and update personas.
- Product design: produce top-quality workflows, wireframes, data visualizations, visual designs, prototypes, and even the occasional design pattern.
- Product testing: design tests, recruit participants, conduct evaluations, analyze results, present findings, incorporate into designs.
To be a successful intern
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Experience, Human Centered Design, Computer Science, Psychology or similar.
- Strong understanding of core UX methodologies.
- Moderate to extreme interest in data visualization.
- Eager to learn and pick up new tools and techniques quickly.
- Always looking to learn and grow.
- Passionate about users and design.
- Strong written, verbal, and intangible communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Local to Boston and available for on-site interviews
Send resume and portfolio link (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org