Join the army of Sqrrl Threat Hunters demonstrating the value and process of Threat Hunting as SOCs embrace this next phase of their evolution.
Sqrrl is looking for talented Threat Hunters interested in joining a highly dynamic startup company building a reputation as the Threat Hunting Company. Sqrrl’s purpose built Threat Hunting Platform will enable the next generation SOC to fully embrace Threat Hunting in their battle against Advanced Persistent Threats that are infiltrating their perimeter defenses and evading their detection systems. You will be the Subject Matter Expert working with the field sales organization positioning, articulating and demonstrating the value and process of Threat Hunting. This is a ground floor opportunity to make a significant impact to the success of Sqrrl and our customers.
A Sqrrl Threat Hunter must be self-motivated and able to work in a team-oriented environment that includes Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Customer Support. The position will also include providing requirements and feedback to the Product Team to shape and guide the direction of Sqrrl’s Threat Hunting Platform to meet the needs of the market.
- 10+ years of relevant cyber security experience in IT Security, Incident Response or network security with strong knowledge working in a SOC
- Demonstrated and proven experience in Incident Response, event management, network forensics, IPS/IDS, Firewalls, Content Filtering Technology, DLP, Configuration Management and Monitoring, End-Point Protection, Log Collection and Analysis
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols (e.g. HTTP/S, DNS, FTP, SMTP, Active Directory etc.)
- Strong understanding of malware, its delivery mechanisms and behaviors
- Understanding of tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) employed by threat adversaries
- Experience with Python, Perl, Bash, Java a plus
- Knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain and the Diamond Model of Analysis
- Experience in Big Data analytics and visualization a plus
- Strong verbal and written skills
- CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, CEH a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Cambridge, MA and major U.S. cities
We offer excellent benefits: employee stock options; 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision; 401K and pre-tax savings plans; and an awesome culture/working environment.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and/or LinkedIn link to email@example.com.