Territory Account Manager
Territory Account Manager – Commercial Sales
Locations: Mid-Atlantic, Midwest (Chicago), NYC, Northern California
Sqrrl Data is a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Big Data Analytics startup with a focus on cyber security use cases and is in the midst of significant sales growth. With the backing of veteran Big Data investors and an all-star engineering team, Sqrrl is looking for a few talented and passionate sales individuals who are interested in joining our team to help us take Sqrrl to the next level.
Sqrrl provides a next-generation tool for detecting and investigating advanced cyber security threats. Sqrrl unifies an organization’s security, network, endpoint, and user data into a single platform. In doing so, security analysts can specify what’s important to them and visually navigate the relationships between assets and actors involved in a given event. Sqrrl’s data exploration and anomaly detection platform is used to detect and investigate advanced data breaches resulting from cyber-espionage, insider misuse, and other types of hard-to-detect attacks. At the core of Sqrrl’s architecture are a variety of Big Data technologies, including Hadoop, linked data analysis, machine learning, Data-Centric Security, and advanced visualization.
The qualified candidate must possess a deep understanding of how to build a region from scratch in a fast growing dynamic environment, leveraging internal resources and the channel community and creating a culture within the region that supports the objectives of the Company. As a member of Sqrrl’s sales team you will be responsible for all the territory’s daily sales related activity, exceeding target sales objectives within the region according to plan.
The Territory Account Manager will be solely responsible for establishing Sqrrl’s presence and driving sales activities in the designated geography to achieve sales targets. You will be expected to penetrate prospect target accounts for new business, manage the existing install base as well as establish and work with partners in the territory.
- Exceed booking and revenue quota targets
- Target and gain access to decision makers in key prospect accounts
- Manage client relationship through all phases of the sales cycle
- Provide a consultative solutions sales process to prospects
- Develop and execute account strategy for major accounts and opportunities as per territory assignment
- Responsible for new business development via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing software sales with associated services
- Conducts one-on-one and group sales presentations
- Plan and strategize marketing activities with the Marketing and Channel teams for the end users and channels
- Qualify and understand prospect security priorities and provide compelling presentations of Sqrrl solutions
- Manage demonstration and evaluation activities with the help of the Sales Engineering team
- Responsible for capturing, maintaining, and disseminating accurate and relevant prospect information and forecasting using Salesforce.com
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- MBA or technical graduate degree preferred
- 10 + years Solution Selling experience in the computer networking & security space
- Outstanding Presentation, Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong technical knowledge with a broad range of security and networking technologies
- Must have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process
- Ability to develop relationships and work extensively with key decision makers including at the executive level
- Provide accurate forecasting and reporting using SalesForce.com and email.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work with your technical counterpart
- Ability to use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Must be organized, detailed and process oriented
- Direct interaction with the Customers, Partners, Marketing, and Peers
- Ability to travel extensively with defined territory
- Prior startup experience, experience being one of the first TSMs and or Sales Managers into an organization
Sqrrl Data, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.