Sqrrl is expanding its Security Technology team and looking for talented security professionals interested in advancing the state of the art in advanced cyber threat analytics. Sqrrl’s Security Technology team leads the research, development and evangelism of novel threat detection and analytics techniques that are realized in the Sqrrl Threat Hunting platform.
The ideal candidate will be an acknowledged expert in one or more areas related to the detection or investigation of cyber threats. This job is not about certifications or education; it’s about experience, vision and leadership. A true expert not only knows what works, but more importantly, is able to create and experiment with new analytic approaches to solve tough detection problems in new and creative ways. In this role, you will work alongside Sqrrl product managers, data scientists, developers and field engineers in developing new product capabilities that address key security analyst pain points including analytics, workflows and user experience. You’ll also play a key role in evangelizing advancements in threat analytics technology and processes via written materials and speaking engagements.
Expert level knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IDS/IPS or SIEM signature creation
- Threat hunting (security data analysis)
- Network Security Monitoring (NSM)
- Network traffic analysis
- Log collection & analysis
- Host-based live response collection and analysis
- Threat Intelligence (intel analysis or application to detection)
- Incident investigation & response
Helpful Experiences and Skills
- Experience setting enterprise detection and/or response strategy
- Experience working as part of a CIRT/CSIRT/SOC or similar organization
- Experience communicating product requirements to product management and development teams
- Experience with security data analysis, machine learning or other data science areas
- Experience with Big Data technologies, especially Hadoop and Spark
- A track record of involvement within the security community (open source contributions, blogging, public speaking, etc).
Cambridge, MA preferred
We offer excellent benefits: employee stock options; 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision; 401K and pre-tax savings plans; and an awesome culture/working environment.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and/or LinkedIn link to email@example.com.